Not ready for membership? Subscribe to our emails to learn more about our organization.
Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers (RMFW) is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to supporting, encouraging, and educating writers seeking publication in commercial fiction. Our membership is always open to fiction writers, and as a member you’ll get discounts on events as well as the other benefits.
How to Become a Member
If you need help at any time while signing up for membership, contact the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Go to this site: http://www.cvent.com/d/7rqn24/3W
2. Enter your first name, last name and email address in the fields on the right side of the page under "Become a Member," then click on the "Sign Up" button.
3. One of two pages will display based on the contact information you entered in step 2:
If you are new to RMFW and are not currently on our email list, you will be asked to create your membership profile. Create a password and add your personal information, membership preferences, and email list interests. Then click on the "Next" button.
If you are currently on the RMFW email list, you'll see a page that contains an option to reset your password and purchase a membership. Click the "Next" button.
DO NOT retrieve your password yet. You will not be able to log in until you have paid the membership fee.
4. Choose a 1, 2 or 3 year membership term, then click on the "Next" button.
5. Choose the credit card (preferred) or check payment method, then click the "Finish" button. Proceed to step 6 if you are paying for your membership by credit card. Go to step 7 if paying by check.
6. If you chose to pay by credit card, an Authorize.net hosted page will pop up for you to securely enter your payment information. Complete the payment form and then click on the "Pay Now" button (at the bottom of the page) to complete your payment.
You will receive two emails confirming your membership: a welcome letter from RMFW and a payment receipt from Authorize.net. Also note that your membership expiration date is on the anniversary of your payment date 1, 2 or 3 years in the future, depending on the membership term chosen in step 4.
7. If you pay by check, ($45, $90 or $135 made out to Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers) mail it to Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, P.O. Box 711, Montrose, CO 81402. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, PHYSICAL ADDRESS (IF OTHER THAN WHAT IS ON THE CHECK), AND CHECK NUMBER to ensure your payment is posted to the correct member's account. Please note that a membership paid by check may take six weeks to process. Your membership will not activate until a volunteer has posted your payment as cleared.
8. If you paid by credit card, go back to http://www.cvent.com/d/7rqn24/3W and log in on the left side under the "Members Login" heading. If you need a password, use the "Don’t know your password?" link and follow the instructions to reset your password.
If you paid by check, a volunteer will notify you when you can log in.
If you have any questions or need help signing up for membership, contact the Membership Chair.