Erotic romance is a booming genre growing by leaps and bounds in today’s book world. But many are confused about just what makes a spicy book “erotic.” The old adage sex sells has some merit, but an erotic romance is selling much more than sex, but story. Learn what makes a story sexy, erotic, and marketable.
In this two week course, Marie will cover the genre and help you learn how to write passionate, believable scenes about people in love.
Points that will be covered:
- What is erotic romance? The differences between erotic stories, erotic and mainstream romance, and that “nasty” word, porn.
- Heat levels—from sizzling to melting-your-teeth-fillings hot
- Language—provocative colloquialisms and body parts slang
- Engaging the emotional as well as the physical in your characters
- Pacing and building sexual tension—the key to a good erotic romance
- Ready to publish? A list of publishers and websites.
Lessons will be sent three times a week, and exercises will be assigned to encourage student interaction.
USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has written over 80 books to date, with plenty more to come. She’s published with Carina, Ellora’s Cave, Loose Id, Samhain, Sourcebooks and Total E-Bound, as well as having self-published titles. The very definition of the hybrid author, Marie has been writing professionally since 2005. She maintains a website and blog at http://marieharte.com and encourages questions and comments. She loves to talk romance.