Below are frequently asked questions by our members. If you have a question not found below, email our Membership Chair, at email@example.com.
I can’t log in. Who do I contact for help?
Members having trouble logging in, please contact our Membership Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-members cannot log into our website.
How do I update my profile and member information?
First make sure you’re logged on. Then look in the right column and find your name and avatar. Click on ‘Edit My Profile’ under your avatar. A window will pop up with your profile information. Update your information as needed and save your changes.
If the profile window does not pop up, click here to open the window in a new browser tab.
Note: Most pages on the website contain your avatar, but some don’t. You will always be able to access the option to edit your profile from the Members page.
I can’t pay for an event. Can I register and pay by alternative methods?
Yes. Look for the contact information on the event’s page and contact the leader for help registering.
Why am I not receiving email communication from RMFW?
New members are added to our email distribution list within one day of becoming a member. There are a number of reasons why you are not receiving email.
1. Some email providers are extra stringent with mass communications emails such as the emails RMFW sends to members and subscribers.
- First check your Spam folder. If you find our communications there, mark the email as ‘not spam’ and you should receive future emails in your inbox. You may have to do this a few times.
- Add the following email addresses to your contact list: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. This tells your email provider that you trust the sender.
- If you still do not receive our emails, understand that we cannot stop email providers from rejecting emails from the email campaign provider we use. Your only alternative may be to receive emails from us at another email address or use our website to find out about RMFW news and events.
2. If you unsubscribed at any point from RMFW email, you put yourself on our ‘Do Not Mail’ list. Our volunteers cannot add you back onto our distribution list. You must add yourself back onto the list by clicking here.
3. If you are still not receiving emails after addressing 1 and 2 above, email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
NOTE: Some email providers will still not accept mass emails. Know that all of the information we distribute via email is also available here on our website. See the Home page and Members page for all up to date announcements.
How do I change the email address in which I receive emails from RMFW?
Go to the bottom of any email you’ve received from us and click on ‘Update Profile/Email Address.’ Follow the instructions to update your email address and other profile information.
If you are unable to update your own email address, send a request to email@example.com.
Why am I not on the Members Directory Page?
Our Membership Directory does not update automatically. Our Membership Chair and Website Liaison try very hard to update the directory at the beginning of a new month, but they are volunteers and sometimes other duties may delay the update. Please allow up to one month, depending on your membership start date, to show up on the list.
If your membership started prior to the last update of the list, your membership information may be missing from the directory because ‘Include my email address in the online Members Directory’ in your profile is set to ‘No’. Here’s how to add yourself to the directory:
1. Log in and click on ‘Edit My Profile’ under your gravatar.
2. Page down and change ‘Include my email address in the online Members Directory’ to ‘Yes’.
3. Save your changes.
Again, allow up to one month for your information to show up in the Members Directory.
How do I become a RMFW Volunteer?
All the information you need to become a volunteer is on the Volunteer page.