Below are frequently asked questions by our members. If you have a question not found below, email our Membership Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Membership Help
Why did I receive an message from PayPal that my auto-renewal payment was canceled?
Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers has moved to a new membership and event management application. On Tuesday, December 9th we turned off auto-renewal payments in PayPal because RMFW no longer accepts payment through PayPal. We apologize to those of you who received payment cancellation notices from PayPal before we notified you via email about this change. What this means is that PayPal will no longer charge your debit/credit card annual membership renewal fees if you had set up auto-renewal. You are still an active member and can still log into your account on this website and Cvent, the new membership and event management application. Also note that membership renewals for members who lapsed in November and December have been pushed out to 1/31/15.
To log into your new account, see the password reset/retrieval and log in instructions in the Website Help section below.
Thank you for your patience! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
I can’t log in. How do I reset my password?
1. Go to this site: http://www.cvent.com/d/7rqn24/3W
2. Click on Retrieve and Reset Password below the login fields.
3. Enter your email address associated with your membership. If you don’t know your email address, it is the same email address in which you receive email communications from RMFW. If you still don’t know your email address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The close button does not currently work. Close the pop-up window using the X in the upper-right corner.
4. You will receive an email with instructions and a link to create/reset your password.
5. After you create a password, you’ll return to the log in page. If this doesn’t happen, go back to the log in page via the link in step 1. Log in using your email address and new password.
I’ve reset my password and I still can’t log in. Who do I contact for help?
Members having trouble logging in to this site or our event/membership system, please contact our Membership Chair, at email@example.com.
How do I update my membership profile information?
Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers uses Cvent for membership renewal and event registration. Below are the instructions to log in and update your profile:
1. Go to this site: http://www.cvent.com/d/7rqn24/3W
2. On the left side of the page, enter your email address and password.
3. Click on the My Profile tab, then click on the Edit button.
4. Page down and add/change the information in your profile as needed.
NOTE: ‘Display my information in contact directories’ at the top of the page will remove your entry under the Members Directory tab.
5. Click the Update button to save your profile changes.
I can’t pay for an event. Can I register and pay by alternative methods?
Yes. Look for the contact information on the event’s page and contact the leader for help registering.
Why am I not receiving email communication from RMFW?
New members are added to our email distribution list as soon as they create an account on our membership and event management site. You will receive emails right away.
1. Some email providers are extra stringent with mass communications emails such as the emails RMFW sends to members and subscribers.
- First check your Spam folder. If you find our communications there, mark the email as ‘not spam’ and you should receive future emails in your inbox. You may have to do this a few times.
- Add the following email addresses to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email provider that you trust the sender.
- If you still do not receive our emails, understand that we cannot stop email providers from rejecting emails from the email campaign provider we use. Your only alternative may be to receive emails from us at another email address or use our websites and social media sites to find out about RMFW news and events.
2. If you unsubscribed at any point from RMFW email, you put yourself on our ‘Do Not Mail’ list. Our volunteers cannot add you back onto our distribution list. You must add yourself back onto the list.
3. If you are still not receiving emails after addressing 1 and 2 above, email email@example.com for additional assistance.
NOTE: Some email providers will still not accept mass emails. Know that all of the information we distribute via email is also available on our websites and via our social media sites. See the Home page for all up to date announcements.
How do I change the email address in which I receive emails from RMFW?
1. Go to our member/event manager website and log in.
2. Click on My Profile, then click on the Edit button.
3. Update your email address and any other information, then save your updates.
If you are unable to update your own email address, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why am I not on the Members Directory Page?
Our Membership Directory does not update automatically. Our Membership Chair and Website Liaison try very hard to update the directory at the beginning of a new month, but they are volunteers and sometimes other duties may delay the update. Please allow up to one month, depending on your membership start date, to show up on the list.
If your membership started prior to the last update of the list, your membership information may be missing from the directory because ‘Include my email address in the online Members Directory’ in your profile is set to ‘No’. Here’s how to add yourself to the directory:
1. Log in and click on ‘Edit My Profile’ under your gravatar.
2. Page down and change ‘Include my email address in the online Members Directory’ to ‘Yes’.
3. Save your changes.
Again, allow up to one month for your information to show up in the Members Directory.
How do I become a RMFW Volunteer?
All the information you need to become a volunteer is on the Volunteer page.