RMFW University Online Class Proposal
Do you like to teach? Do you have a skill or avocation that would be interesting to other writers? That is, are you a mountain climber, ex-military paratrooper, ski rescue, EMT, former Special Agent with the FBI/DEA/NSA/CIA (etc.), graphologist, hypnotherapist, Tarot card reader, geologist, genealogist, EPA scientist, or – you get the picture. What special skill, career, or interest do you have an insight for that would be interesting to other writers?
Do you have a take on some aspect of writing (plot, character development, writing a series, dealing with Amazon, and so on) that you’d like to share? If any of this sparks an idea that you think would make a great week to four-week class, please propose it.
RMFW University is our online educational portal, and we are actively looking for members who would like to share their expertise with others. The beauty is that you can do the class from any place that has an internet connection and at any time of day. No dress code, no leaving the house. Maybe you’ve thought about teaching in the past, but you have a busy schedule, are disinclined to teach, or are unfamiliar with the technology? Don’t worry – we have a mentor process and make teaching easy.
While we’re interested in attracting a broad faculty base, we specifically would love to see someone interesting in teaching classes on the following:
• Tips for developing the rules of magic in your story world – and pitfalls to avoid.
• Any aspect of plotting and developing mysteries that a published mystery author would like to share.
• Any aspect of plotting and developing science fiction stories that a published science fiction author would like to share.
• Writing secondary characters with agency and avoiding stereotypes.
• Writing compelling villains PS
We do take suggestions for instructors! Our goal is to provide great classes throughout the year on a variety of topics for all levels of writers. We will be utilizing the Moodle platform. As with any new program, there will be a learning curve for all involved and some processes may change and evolve.
1. The pay structure is currently 60% to the instructor, 40% to RMFW.
2. To launch the program, we anticipate the length of the classes to be one – two weeks.
3. Classes will cost between $30-$40 for RMFW members. Non-members will pay a small amount more.
4. We hope to provide a moderator for each class.
5. You will need to take self-paced, self study “How To Teach With Moodle” online class prior to teaching a class. This will provide you with the opportunity to see how the platform works.
6. If your class is selected, in addition to the publicity RMFW will provide, we encourage you to use your networks such as Facebook to promote the class. (More participants, more money for you.)