Conference At a Glance
Email questions to Susan Brooks (2015) and Wendy Howard and Corinne O'Flynn (2016) at email@example.com
If you missed the conference or didn't want it to end,
read the recap of all the amazing presentations,
contest results and honored attendees.
- Pre-conference Checklist
- About Colorado Gold Conference
- Conference Book Sale Info
- Conference Pricing
- Dates & Location (direct left)
- Keynote Speakers
- Refund Policy
- Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Donation Form
- Special Guests
Subscribe to the our email list to stay informed
about special event and promotions at the
2015 RMFW Colorado Gold Conference.
The base cost of registration for the 2015 Colorado Gold Conference:
- Early Bird (May 1st through May 31st) Members $319, Non-Members $364
- Regular (June 1st through June 30th) Members $339, Non-Members $384
- Summer (July 1st through July 31st) Members $359, Non-Members $404
- Late (August 1st through August 31st) Members $379, Non-Members $424
- Last Minute (September 1st through September 5th) Members $399, Non-Members $444
- At the Door (September 11th only) Members $425, Non-Members $470
Refund Policy: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers will gladly refund your conference registration fees, less a $50.00 processing fee. You must notify the conference chair to cancel your conference registration 31 or more days before the conference date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, to cancel. RMFW is unable to refund any conference registration fees 30 days or fewer before the conference date.
Registration fee includes:
- A free pitch appointment with one of your top-choice agents, editors or publishers
- A free author reading of your work in progress to an audience of supportive peers (sign-up space is limited to 30 readers)
- Entry to the Friday-night book sale and
- author-signing extravaganza
- Access to all open programming
- Access to hotel amenities, including business center, wireless Internet in hotel lobby and bar, restaurant, lounge, coffee shop, and gift shop (WiFi is not available in the classrooms)
- Tote bag containing conference literature and small gifts
- Friday-night South of the Border buffet
- Saturday and Sunday continental breakfast
- Saturday-night awards and recognition banquet
- Sunday-afternoon luncheon
Optional special sessions and add-ons include:
- $60 for a 4-hour Master Class. Choose 1 of 5 offered this year. Space is limited.
- $40 for a 15-minute one-on-one pitch coaching session with Susan Spann or Heather Webb. Space is limited.
- $40 for a 15-minute one-on-one critique of 15 pages with guest author Jeffery Deaver. Space is limited.
- $40 for a 15-minute one-on-one critique of 15 pages with guest author Desiree Holt. Space is limited.
- $40 to participate in a 4-hour Friday-morning or Friday-afternoon critique workshop with a small group moderated by an attending agent or editor. Space is limited.
- $15 to audit a 4-hour Friday-morning or Friday-afternoon critique workshop with a small group moderated by an attending agent or editor. Auditors attend but do not submit pages for critique. Space is limited.
- $30 Professional Headshot photography appointment. Space is limited.
- $50 to add a guest to the Friday-night dinner. (Limit: 3 guests)
- $70 to add a guest to the Saturday-night banquet. (Limit: 3 guests)
- $50 to add a guest to the Sunday luncheon. (Limit: 3 guests)
2016 Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Colorado Gold Conference
September 9-11, 2016
Renaissance Hotel, Denver, Colorado
To purchase recordings of 2015 conference sessions
call Joyco Multimedia at 720-541-7905
About Colorado Gold Conference
Every year, Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers is pleased to present the Colorado Gold Conference, where hundreds of writers from all over the US and beyond gather for a full weekend of writerly camaraderie, exciting programming, and opportunities to pitch projects to the industry's top agents and editors. Programming focuses on the following key areas:
- Craft improvement
- Genre knowledge
- Career management
- Industry savvy
- Continuing education and professional development for published authors
Whether you're new to the idea of becoming a writer or you're a veteran published author, whether you hope to pursue a traditional publishing contract with a big New York publishing house or launch a self-publishing venture, you're sure to find the skills, knowledge, inspiration, motivation, and support you need at Colorado Gold.
Notice of photography, audio and video recording:
When you attend the Colorado Gold Conference, you enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may and will occur. By entering the Conference premises, you consent to such photography and recording and to its release, publication, exhibition, reproduction, distribution, and use for news, sale, educational, promotional, advertising, and sale purposes and to its inclusion on and distribution through websites and in hard copy formats (collectively, “Uses”). By entering the Colorado Gold Conference, you also consent to use of your image and voice, to the extent they appear in audio and/or video recordings and photographs. You waive all rights you may have to any claims in connection with All Uses of recordings and photographs, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such uses. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with the conference organizers.